- How many flowers must honey bees tap to make one pound of honey? - Two million.
- How many flowers does a honey bee have to visit to gather a load of pollen? - 1500 flowers.
- How far does a hive of bees fly to bring you one pound of honey? - Over 55,000 miles
- How large an area does a honey bee have to cover to collect a load of pollen? - Approximately 12 square miles.
- How much honey does the average worker honey bee make in her lifetime? -
- How heavy is a load of pollen? - Approximately 10 mg.
- How fast does a honey bee fly? - About 15 miles per hour / 24 kilometres per hour.
- How much honey would it take to fuel a bee's flight around the world? - About one ounce.
- How long does a worker honey bee live? - Approximately 42-45 days in peek season.
- Bee pollen is high in DNA & RNA
- What is mead? - Honey wine.
- How long have bees been producing honey from flowering plants? - 10-20 million years.
- You have to go through approximately one tonne of honey to gather approximately 20 lb. of bees wax. Approximately 9 kg.
- Why are honey bees sometimes called "white man's flies?" - North American natives called honey bees this because they were brought to North America by European colonists.
- What Scotch liqueur is made with honey? - Drambuie
- How many sides does each honeycomb cell have? - Six
- Honey bees make flakes of wax no larger than a pin head. It takes 500,000 flakes of wax to make one pound of bees wax. Less than 1/2 kg.
- How many kilograms of honey do bees have to consume to make one kilogram of bees wax? - Eighteen kilograms of honey, almost 40 lbs. of honey.
- What is the US per capita consumption of honey? - 1.1 pound
- How much honey is produced in Canada each year? -Approximately 36 million (36,000,000) kilograms of honey is produced each year.
- What state is known as the bee hive state? - Utah
- How many wings does a honey bee have? - Four
- How many beekeepers are there in Canada - 9,200 beekeepers in Canada
- How many beekeepers are there in the United States? - An estimated 211,600.
- How many colonies of honey bees in Canada? - 600,000 colonies.
- How many honey-producing colonies of bees are there in the United States? - The USDA estimates that there are approximately 3 million honey producing colonies. This estimate is based on beekeepers who manage five or more colonies.
- How do honey bees communicate with one another? - "Dancing." Honey bees do a dance which alerts other bees where nectar and pollen was located. This dance explains direction and distance. Bees also communicate with pheromones.
- What does "super" mean to a beekeeper? - The super is the hive box in which honey is stored.
- How many bees does it take to kill a person? - 600-800 Honey Bees has enough venum to kill a 200 lb. person.
- How far will a Honey Bee chase you? - Honey Bees can chase you for several miles when disturbed.
- How many Honey Bees are there in a hive? - In a strong hive there are 70,000 - 100,000 Bees in a hive.
- At what time of the day are all the bees in their hive? - At night or foul weather, all the Bees are in their hive.
- When do Honey Bees sleep? - Honey Bees do not sleep. They take mini cat naps. They work all day long in the field collecting nectar, pollen, water, proplesses, etc. and at night they work in the hives building new combs, repairing old combs, etc.
©2003 Captain John R. Samson - firstname.lastname@example.org